Notes from today’s TY Assembly:
All TYs to keep close eye on noticeboard where there will be information updated from all programmes regularly.
- Call backs will hopefully be before Friday – few people who were absent and spoke to Creative Arts Dept. will be included in that.
- Students in the cast – get prepared for a few busy weeks! Get assignments done early to avoid cramming as rehearsals will be after school and you will be BUSY!
- Students not in the cast: There are a number of opportunities which the cast members might not be able to participate in due to rehearsals – We will be fundraising for the wheelchair association and attending the open day for the Marine Institute at the Galway Museum.
- Talk to PAL this week – record cards will be available on the noticeboard.
- Focus on 3 areas – new skill/community involvement/physical activity
- Are you interested in helping with Junior Debating as your community involvement? Contact Ms O Gorman if so
Rotary Club Leadership Development Competition:
- Application forms are on the Noticeboard and are to be returned to Ms Nolan on/before Tuesday 26th September. Students will be shortlisted and interviewed the following week in preparation for the choosing of 12 finalists.
- Forms must be in on/before September 20th. If parents have no way to pay (smartphone etc. ) ring the office.
- Not attending the School Tour? There is an opportunity to attend the model United Nations – 2nd week of Easter. Max 6 students can attend – 3 days in Dublin with overnight- kids all over the world modelling a united nations and discussing real issues – great for anyone interested in politics/economics etc. Contact Ms O Gorman.
- If applying for primary school/area with vulnerable adults, you need to be vetted so take forms from noticeboard (2) and return with a photocopy of your passport/birthcert to Careers class.
- First Aid Coaching on October 4th – full day with full certification.
- Going to Zeminar in Dublin on October 10th – Find out all about it here.
- Drivers Ed – Full day of driving practice, under the bonnet checks, theory and simulated experience. TBC
- Monday Lunchtime in Rm 7 if you are interested in any debating with Ms O Gorman.
- Competitions in Dublin, NUIG, National and International.
- Concern Debates are a national competition. 4 per team – development world issues e.g. “France was wrong to ban the burkhini”, “Europe is failing Africa”. 4 students will be chosen to attend Concern Debating training after trial debates so make sure you are in if you want to win!
Keep an eye on the noticeboard – and let Ms Nolan know if you are interested in a specific course!